Last Updated: May 18, 2016
This User Agreement covers the Community Oncology Alliance (“COA”) Websites, which include: “coaoncology.wpengine.com”, “coaadvocacy.org”, “medicalhomeoncology.org”, “coapharmacy.org”, and “iamcommunityoncology.com” and their derivatives (the “Website”). This User Agreement also covers other COA communication channels, applications, activities, and services that reference this policy.
This User Agreement supplements any additional guidelines or terms posted by COA in relation to specific site-related services or content. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by the version of the User Agreement then in effect. If at any point you no longer agree to the User Agreement, please discontinue your use of a Website.
COA is committed to protecting your privacy. This User Agreement describes the types of information we collect, how we use that information and the choices you have with respect to that information, and incorporates by reference certain other COA policies to which you agree when you use our Website.
Collection of Personal Information
COA collects personal information provided by you when you register for our Website, emails, newsletters, listservs, complete a survey, become a member, donate to the COA Political Action Committee and/or when you contact us to inquire about or register for any of our services, events and/or offerings. When you provide personal information through our Website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
The personal information we collect may include the following: name, home and/or business address, personal and/or work e-mail address, your home and/or business phone numbers, and mobile phone number. The exact types of information are identified in detail at the time the information is collected. All such information is retained indefinitely.
COA does not collect personally identifiable information from users of those parts of its Website that do not require a sign in, except when users send e-mails to COA. COA retains such e-mails indefinitely, and data retained may include the e-mail sender’s name, e-mail address and any other information provided in the e-mail.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
COA may automatically collect non-personal information about visitors to our Website, such as number of visitors, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system and pages viewed. We maintain this data indefinitely and use this data in the aggregate to determine how visitors use our Website for internal management and so that we can improve your experience on our Website.
Use of Your Information
COA may use personal information collected from you for several general purposes:
- To deliver the services and offerings that you have requested;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To manage your account and provide you with member support including for administrative or operational purposes relating to our services or offerings;
- To alert you to important news or developments related to COA’s mission, functions, and/or activities;
- To send you important reminders about requirements and deadlines;
- To send you promotions and news about COA, our services or offerings or those of other carefully selected partners which we think may be of interest to you;
- For other research purposes, however, as noted below, COA will not identify individuals in presenting or publishing the results of such research without express consent;
- To maintain and administer the Website;
- To conduct research and/or ask your opinions on our services or offerings (e.g., through surveys), which will help us improve our services or offerings;
- To verify your identity and prevent or detect fraud; and/or
- To perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Please note that COA may contact you by mail, e-mail, telephone, text or fax for any of the above purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
COA maintains personally identifiable information and any other information submitted by or about a web site user indefinitely. COA maintains the confidentiality of this information in accordance with this User Agreement.
COA also may disclose your personal information in any of the following circumstances:
- To send the information to partners and/or companies who work on our behalf to provide a service or offering to you, however, COA will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes;
- To conform or comply with the law, or if COA have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a court order or subpoena, to cooperate with investigations by law enforcement or regulatory authorities or to participate or cooperate with a judicial proceeding, to enforce applicable terms and conditions of this Website, or, in urgent circumstances, to protect the safety of persons or property, including this Website; and/or
- In the event of a merger, consolidation or reorganization involving COA, your personal information will, in most instances, be transferred to the control of a third party.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual users are identified and no personal information is revealed) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Links to Third-Party Websites
COA’s Commitment to Security
The security of your information is very important to us. COA takes appropriate physical, electronic and other precautions to secure against unauthorized access and use of information you send to COA.
Denial of Service
COA may deny service to you at any time, including in the event you do not adhere to the User Agreement and/or at our own discretion.
COA reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that COA shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Website.
You agree that COA, in its sole discretion, may permanently terminate your subscription, password, account (or any part thereof), or use of the Website, remove and discard any content within the Website, and/or notify your Internet Service Provider for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if COA believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this User Agreement.
You agree that any termination of your access may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that COA may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar further access to such files or the Website. The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. Further, you agree that COA shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Website.
Disclaimer of Warranty
COA makes no warranties of any kind regarding this Website, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that you will hold harmless COA and its officers, directors, employees, and volunteers from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, the Website or the information contained in the Website or other websites to which it is linked. This includes, but is not limited to, information or materials viewed or downloaded from the Website or another website to which it is linked that appear to you or are construed by you to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or that infringe upon your intellectual property rights.
In no event will COA or the contributors of information to the Website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Website is to stop your use of it.
The Community Oncology Alliance (COA), COA Patient Advocacy Network (CPAN), Community Oncology Pharmacy Association (COPA), COA Administrators Network (CAN), Oncology Medical Home (OMH), COA Political Action Committee (COA PAC), Community Oncology Alliance Logo, COA Patient Advocacy Network Logo, Community Oncology Pharmacy Association Logo, COA Administrators Network Logo, Oncology Medical Home Logo, and COA Political Action Committee Logo are registered wordmarks of the Community Oncology Alliance.
Revisions to this User Agreement
COA reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, without notice to you. Such modifications will be effective upon posting on this Website. You must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement (not an older cached version) each time you view the Website. You can determine whether the User Agreement has been modified since your last visit by checking the “Last updated” legend posted at the top of the User Agreement.
If any provision of this User Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then than provision will be severable from this User Agreement and will not affect the validity and/or the enforceability of any remaining provisions.